Shop Intern, EDGE Motorworks, Mountain View
Are you obsessed with cars? How about BMWs? Yes? How about race cars? A lot of people are so we’re looking for more. It’s not that you aren’t special but we need our next Shop Intern to be more car-obsessed than half of the people walking down the street.
So here we go. In addition to all of the above, EDGE is looking for someone who understands how to take a great picture. Mobile phone, DSLR, it doesn’t matter what you use, as long as you can contribute great images for our social and content marketing, as well as for the EDGE website.
You still with us?
How do you feel about Social Marketing? If you love it or even just like it, that’s a huge plus. It’s not that we need you to know everything about Instagram and Facebook but you do need to “Get It.” You don’t need to be concerned with writing or strategy because we’ve got that covered.
If you’re still reading then you just might be perfect.
- Keep the shop clean and organized
- Assist the General Manager as needed
- Assist techs as needed
- Work with EDGE Marketing to deliver images for website, social marketing, and content marketing
- Keep an eye on social media and report on performance
- Huge enthusiasm for all things cars and racing
- Some mechanical skills are preferred but not mandatory
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Desire to learn
- Strong people and communication skills
- Currently studying Marketing or other related disciplines is a plus
- Intermediate capabilities with Photoshop or equivalent tools is a plus
- Familiarity with social networking platforms, but we will also train
- We prefer it if you’re creative
What’s in it for You?
We value our interns and will go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your personal and career goals.
You will acquire valuable experience in automobile maintenance, and gain a solid understanding of building and maintaining high-performance cars.
Gaining an understanding of how to work with customers and all of their varied personalities, concerns, and requirements is something that will serve you throughout your life.
If marketing is an interest you this position is very valuable. You will work with the EDGE marketing consultant and through that will learn the fundamentals of Marketing, Social Marketing, design, and most things digital.
The position begins ASAP and runs through the summer until September 30th.
You are expected to work a minimum of 20 hours per week but extra hours are welcome.
We pay $13 per hour.
To apply please submit your resume to email@example.com.